Monday, October 15, 2007

The First Day of MoMmY to TWO!

So after a long eventful night of anything but sleeping, I decided that a quick POWER nap was greatly needed. I fed the baby, put him to sleep, locked him in the room so Anna couldn't get to him, put a show on for her, and filled the room with ample toys to distract her for at least 30 mins. I fell asleep. She was quiet. All was good. Until I awoke to her little face covered in white powder. "What the...?" Anna what have you done? The white foot prints on the floor led me to the real disaster area. The entire bag of flour was on the floor, and tracked through the whole house. We have been talking alot about snow lately. Maybe that is what she thought it was...at least that would help explain the Snow Angels on my kitchen floor! What can I say? I am just sure that I have many more of these days ahead!



16 comments:

Jenny and Brett said...

Oh Claire, I am sorry but I can't stop laughing! It looks like you have your hands full! I would love to come down and entertain Anna while you catch a few zzz's!

Laurie said...

Hi Claire,
My first time ever at (in...on) a "BloG"!
Your babies are beautiful, as are Anna's antics! I'm glad you got your nap...refreshed just enough to clean up the mess!
Your adventures have just begun, enjoy and continue to document, they will become your most precious memories.

Laurie said...

Sorry, that was me in that last comment - now I know what was supposed to go there!
love,
aunt laurie

Andy and Kimi said...

I love it!! It's always good to know that every one has days like that!

christensen crew said...

Claire,
I still haven't been able to figure out why they aren't just happy to play TOYS! Although, I guess it is way more fun to make flour angels on the kitchen floor! That is such a cute post. You wouldn't be a true Mommy without days like that!

Natalie said...

Oh Claire......that is too funny! Life is crazy with two!!!

Brett and Lisa said...

So funny, Claire? That must be one of those moments where you want to laugh, but know you shouldn't! I am sure it wasn't fun to pick it up though. You should have just made loaves and loaves of bread on the floor... OK, that would be gross!

Brett and Lisa said...

I don't know why I made my first sentence a question...

Danielle&Lincoln said...

claire....claire...
that is too good, what memories!

Emily said...

Ok, that is way too cute. Can't say that anything that exciting happened at my house, but sounds like a real fun time for you. The moments are fast and fleeting. Enjoy it!

Rebecca said...

Are you kidding me?! That is so freaking funny!!! Your clue is... she was too quiet. Gotta love motherhood!:) Stick in there.

Alder Family said...

Oh man Claire! Bless your heart! That little Anna sure is mischevious. Quinn is darling...you look amazing in those pictures! I am so sure that you just had a baby:) Hope to see you tomorrow!

Jake and Jess Garrett said...

Claire!!!

Yay we're blogging buddies! I'm glad you got to see it - I had added you guys as friends before I sent ou the email and "spied" on you too and how glad I am that I did! Quinton is darling! I can't believe he's finally here. Too bad we're not there to meet him :( - We will definitely do a girls lunch in December when we get back. I also loved the pictures of Anna - hahaha!! I was dying! Glad you got our the camera instead of getting mad - well done. You are such a good mom, it looks like we didn't scar you as much as I thought we did.

love you!!

Jer + Lu said...

You're a good sport. I definately would have cried. In fact, I've been through exactly the same thing--many times over (flour, cereal, cupcakes...) but never stayed calm enough to take out the camera. Kudos to you!

molly said...

claire that is hilarious, i guess you will have to lock up more than Quinton. Anna can get into anything.

Lizz Pizza said...

Claire,
I don't know if you remember me, my name is Lizz Clayton and I went to Skyline! I came across your blog on Danielle Rigbys and I had to comment on these pictures! I can completely understand!! Good luck, things will get easier!!

Lizz