Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Power Within








What is this? you may be thinking to yourself. Well this, my friends, is the next ticket to anything you desire your little one to do. This is called the Power Box. For those of you who know my little Anna, you know that at times she can be shy, very shy. We have had a hard time persuading Anna to do several things: ie. Nursery, going to sleep by herself at night, staying in Dance class by herself.


*You will notice that all of our examples are doing things without Mom or Dad.


About a week ago Anna and I made and decorated her very own Power Box. Anytime she does something that takes courage, (or in this case power) she gets to put her hand in and pick out a surprise. It works like a charm. She is very motivated to try to be brave. If any of you are having a hard time with anything, try it! I promise it will work!



8 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

What a great idea. Way to go Anna!

Rebecs said...

That is a great idea! However, I think Mason would need to be rewarded for the opposite behavior. Thanks again for having us over last week. It was so fun to catch up and see your new darling house. Let's get together again soon!

Kelly said...

Wow great idea Claire!!! I'm so glad that its working too!

katie said...

how come i've never heard about this GREAT IDEA!!!

i'm honestly going to try it out and let you know how it works at our house :)

Jenny and Brett said...

Did you come up with that on your own? What a great idea!! Go Anna! More power to you girl!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

What a fabulous idea! I love it. She looks so much like you that its crazy!

Mindy said...

That's awesome! I'm totally using that for potty training. I'm thinking I'm about ready to start with carson. By the way, your hair is adorable. I love it.

Rachel said...

what a cute idea! i love anna's power box. so sweet! miss you claire!