Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude

As I have reflected on the season of thanksgiving and the topic of Gratitude, I have thought alot about what I would consider to be the perfect example of a Grateful person. There are many people in my life whose gracious examples have helped to shape the mold I would love to someday fill.
To me a grateful person treats everyday like a gift. One that is full of surprises, some good and some bad.

A grateful person realizes that the Lord intended for us to have hard times so that we can humbly learn to come to him.

A grateful person is someone who loves herself. Someone who has completely accepted the way God has made her.

A grateful person loves every day that they are granted to spend with the people they love. They don’t wish for the time to pass by or for the day to end, but they enjoy each minute they have.

A grateful person remembers God in everything. They remember God when they comfort a crying child or experience beauty in the nature that surrounds them.

Ibelieve a grateful person is someone who is in love.

A grateful person says, “thank you”.

A grateful person will make you feel good about yourself.

A grateful person is always thinking of another person and wondering how they could ease their burden or make their day brighter.

A grateful person can cry.

A grateful person is not perfect but is striving to become so.

A grateful person prays a lot. They have a relationship with their God and include Him in all aspects of their life.

A grateful person knows pain.

A grateful person sees the glass half full.

A grateful person cares more about his standing with the Lord than what the world views as important.

A grateful person has integrity.

A grateful person wouldn’t trade their own life with that of anyone else.
A grateful person Loves God and tells Him.

4 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Such beautiful thoughts, Claire. I'm grateful for your good example and positive attitude :)

Brett and Lisa said...

I think that sounds like you :)! Love ya!

christensen crew said...

Claire, I loved this post on Gratitude. I am so grateful that we are friends. :) Happy Thanksgiving. Love ya, Kate

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Did you write those thoughts on Gratitude? That was really, really, good.