For a few months now I have been concerned about Quinn's talking skills or lack there of. Now for about 19 months the boy would only say about 3 - 5 words. (At this age Anna was telling me she wanted to start potty training.) So I was nervous. He was just not interested. I knew he could understand everything but he just didn't express desire to say real words. I kept hearing how girls and boys are different, oldest child vs. second...blah blah blah. So it happened a few weeks ago. I was walking up stairs with Quinn in arm and he says to me, "Ina atch a show." Seriously that clear. He talks in sentences now! Then yesterday I am reading to him and he points to the lawn mower and says, "Ina mow with my dada". Are you kidding me? I made him say it about 7 more times. I asked if he wanted to mow with mom. He said, "No, mow with dada". They were all right. I shouldn't have worried. Children are different. They do things differently. What is normal to one may not be normal to the other and that is OKAY! I should have known He is like his dad. Quietly observing until he knows he can do it just right!Yeah for Quinn!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
He Talks!!!
For a few months now I have been concerned about Quinn's talking skills or lack there of. Now for about 19 months the boy would only say about 3 - 5 words. (At this age Anna was telling me she wanted to start potty training.) So I was nervous. He was just not interested. I knew he could understand everything but he just didn't express desire to say real words. I kept hearing how girls and boys are different, oldest child vs. second...blah blah blah. So it happened a few weeks ago. I was walking up stairs with Quinn in arm and he says to me, "Ina atch a show." Seriously that clear. He talks in sentences now! Then yesterday I am reading to him and he points to the lawn mower and says, "Ina mow with my dada". Are you kidding me? I made him say it about 7 more times. I asked if he wanted to mow with mom. He said, "No, mow with dada". They were all right. I shouldn't have worried. Children are different. They do things differently. What is normal to one may not be normal to the other and that is OKAY! I should have known He is like his dad. Quietly observing until he knows he can do it just right!Yeah for Quinn!
Posted by Claire at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yay! i completely understand that worrying. we're STILL worrying at 28 months. :) But, I do have to say there is something to a mother's intuition. People told me to NOT worry, but so far I'm glad I have and that we've gotten the help we need. So, don't ever wish you hadn't worried. a mother knows best. :)
Oh wow! Way to go Quinn!! That is so funny!
That's exciting. Yup, they all just do everything at their own pace.
Post a Comment