I have this friend who has sparked my curiosity. She invited me to go yard sale-ing with her a few weeks ago. She is an Artist. She has vision far beyond that of my own limited mind. I followed her around as she picked up this and that, explaining to me what could be done with a piece of such nature. I was amazed. I have never thought in such a way. So the next weekend we went out again. This time my eyes saw differently. I looked at things as what they could become rather than what they currently are. Which could teach some what of a life's lesson. So I found this little book shelf. Very worn. Dirty. Many layers of paint (about 6 different colors).Five Dollars. I looked beyond. This little piece has some potential! So here it is.
*Now I have to say that these pictures were taken after I had put in a good 2 hours of sanding and chipping.
4 comments:
Looks awesome Claire. Good work! One of my favorite things is yard sale/DI shopping. I just love finding little treasures.
stinkin' cute!
You are so inspiring! You did an awesome job. Pat yourself on the back!
Your bookcase turned out really well. I like the green background.
P.S. We are out here living in Utah.
Post a Comment