Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Brother!

For those of you who don't know, I have a little brother. I have three little brothers. But I have only one little brother. I love my little brother. He is 8 months older than my little girl and oh how she loves her big uncle. On Sunday Josh turned 5. People always ask me, " So what is it like to have a brother the same age as your little girl." "Totally normal," I say. I don't know any different. I do know that I love this little boy with all my heart. I am forever grateful he joined our family. It is still hard to imagine that some day when he marries, his MOTHER-IN-LAW will probably be my age. That one hurts. I still love it.

Wouldn't you agree that my dad looks pretty dang good for having a 5 year old?




















Cute Grandpa Boyd and Josh
My mom had this fantastic idea of having a pinata for each kid. So down stairs in the dance studio we hung them all up. The kids LOVED it. What a clever idea my mom had.



Cousin Jon with his darling little Ava. She is a riot.


Quinn needed a little bit of help.





We challenged Josh to get his with one hit. He did it...Easy!


{remnants of the broken pinata}

WE LOVE YOU JOSH!!!

3 comments:

Andy and Kimi said...

So cute... how can you not love Josh? Love the fact that he broke his pinata with one hit- he's a Calvert, wouldn't have expected any less. Cute pics!!

Brett and Lisa said...

that mother in law thought is weird!

Jer + Lu said...

I still think it's crazy you have a 5-year-old brother. More power to your parents. Good thing he's got such a great little niece + nephew to be best buddies with!