A couple of months ago I got a Serger. I have been trying to think of a perfect 'first project'. I was at Old Navy the other day, browsing through the winter clearance. Nothing. Untill I found these skirts in the women's dept. I thought this would make a fun little girl's dress. So we {Anna & I} went to work. The idea kept evolving but I was happy with the end result.



2.Measure your little one's waist, divide by 2 to get your width. Be sure to give your self at least a couple of inches for a seam allowence.
3. Fold it over to get a good idea of your line to cut. 
It is very simple:
1. Buy the largest size skirt you can. I bought a 16. More fabric to make the accessories with.
4. Cut your Fabric.
5. Serge or Sew your sides together. {I should have posted a "how to thread your serger" tutorial, that took me twice as long to do as the dress did.}
6. I bought an extra skirt just because I loved the color. I made two simple straps out of this fabric.
4 comments:
Wow! Go you!Thanks for the tutorial. I love things like that.
very talented, Clarie! I love, love that first pose that Anna is strikeing!
Threading a serger is death. It's my worst nightmare when a thread breaks or I have to change colors. Cute stuff!
Very cute. Your creations always amaze me. I so wish I had a serger! Oh, and a little girl, too ;)
Post a Comment