Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CHRISTMAS Eve

Our Christmas Eve tradition for as long as I have been in the Brown family begins with a wonderful party hosted by Grandma and Grandpa Great. This was the last year. I am amazed that Grandma and Grandpa have had enough energy and strength to go as long as they have! We have created such wonderful memories. Once that we will hold dear forever. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for allowing our Christmas Eve to be filled with love, joy, and hope! We love you!

Almost all of the great grand kids singing.
kids enjoying the incredibly delicious home made ice cream...made by Aunt Val
they all receive the same gift. This year they all got little camping chairs with a box full of cash! The kids were in heaven. There was a roll of quarters a 2 dollar bill and a gold $1 coin. The kids loved it!
This year the grand kids surprised Grandma and grandpa with The Charlie Brown Christmas. It was a lot of fun. Adam was Pig Pen. I was Sally. My kids had my line memorized better than I did. My kids watched Charlie Brown Christmas numerous times during the Holiday. Anna had almost every line memorized. It came in handy when Charlie Brown forgot his line and Anna reminded him of what comes next. "Oh No! I killed it"

Adam worked really hard on his lines, facial expressions and all.

Later we had the great grand kids do the nativity. I think the best part was when Joseph (Tommy) couldn't pull Mary (Anna) on the "donkey" because she was too heavy. We all got a good laugh.
By the time we got home it was late and I was anxious to get the kids in bed. Adam had promised them they would open a present at grandma's house...when that didn't happen the world ALMOST ended. I tried to tell Anna (Quinn had already fallen fast asleep) that it would be more exciting if we waited until the morning. She went on to give me the BIGGEST guilt trip I have ever received from a 6 year old- or any child for that matter.
"Mom, I don't think Jesus would ever break a promise. Do you think he would be happy with you if you broke your promise?" I caved. We stayed up another whole hour. Made cookies for Santa, apples for the reindeer, opened a present, and then read Christmas stories by the light of the tree. She fell asleep instantly when we sent her to bed. A good lesson learned. I need to remember the magic. I need to set aside the things i "need to get done" and remember to make my children's memories magical. I am glad I did that.


This is our "Santa Key". We do not have a fire place in our home and every year I get questions about how Santa will get in. This year "Santa" made this key for us. It showed up on our doorstep wrapped in a little box. It is a magic key that Only works for Santa Claus himself. We hung it on the outside of the door. Locked up and went to bed.
And by Darn the key worked!!! Santa left a wonderful stash for everyone.

0 comments: