Friday, March 9, 2012

One Little Monkey Jumped on the Bed

...He fell off and Broke his head


In January (3 days before the wedding) I went up to Salt Lake one evening to attend a High School Christmas Party. Adam had commitments that night so I asked my parents to watch the kids. They agreed and I left with out any hesitation.

Once at the party I tossed my coat, purse, and unfortunately my cell phone, on a coat rack and thoroughly enjoyed my night with my friends. I stayed for a couple of hours. When I walked in my mom's house my whole family was sitting in the front room. It was as if they were waiting for me. Their eyes told me I had missed something. "What's wrong?" I asked. They went on to tell me they had spent the evening in the ER getting stitches on Quinn's forehead. They were jumping off the bed and Q fell through the pillows and split his head open.

14 stitches later, they brought him home. He was running around happy as can be. I felt awful. I had about 20 missed phone calls and texts.

Lesson learned:
1) I have the most wonderful parents in the world. They are confident and capable. They did everything I would have done had I been there. I am so grateful that I have people I can completely trust.
2) I should probably carry my phone with me- even if I don't want to.

0 comments: