This summer I thought it would be fun to put on a Craft Camp. I wasn't sure if there would be any interest but I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to have 2 sessions filled with eager kids who wanted to craft!!
Camp lasted for 1 week. Each day was a new adventure.
Day 1: Recycled Art
The kids loved project. They made tin can robots. There was a table full of supplies and they were able to create their hearts desire.
Day 2: Sewing
We spent the first little bit learning the basics of sewing and then the kids were able to sew their own little project. It is so fun to see the joy when they accomplish something that is hard for them.
Day 3: Gardening
We talked about how there are many many ways to express creativity and one way is through gardening. The kids planted their own little plants with the challenge to keep it alive until school starts!
Day 4: PVC Marshmallow Gun
This was probably the most loved day. They each received a little kit to sand, paint, and assemble to build their own gun with marshmallows as ammunition. For the last part of class they had a war which turned into boys vs. girls.
Day 5: Cooking
This day nearly killed me:) The kids were so excited to cook. They each made their own personal pizza followed by Homemade ice cream in a bag. It was a successful day but one that kept me so busy I didn't have time for the camera.
The main reason I planned camp was for Anna. She is in love with all things craft these days. I thought it would be fun for her to have planned activities during the summer. I was right. She was in heaven. She loved every minute and didn't complain a bit when the second session came and we repeated all of the crafts. She loved it which to me made it a success! Hopefully we can do it again next summer!





0 comments:
Post a Comment