Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to Anna!!




2 Years Old! I can't believe how the time flies. For the past month we have been talking to Anna about her upcoming birthday. By the time the day arrived she clearly knew that she was to receive cake, candles, and presents and that she would no longer just be one... but 2 Years Old!! It is still a little hard for her to hold up the two fingers but she works on it daily. We had a fun little party at the Calverts which included a yummy dinner, a great FHE (we couldn't forget it was Sunday!), Balloon popping, present opening, singing time with Josh and Anna, cake and ice cream, and then a wonderful walk to the park. It has been fun to reflect on the day of Anna's birth. That day was truly one of the most memorable day of my life. I try to forget the hard parts...LAboR...but aside from that tiny detail what a wonderful day to take part in one of God's Miracles. I love my little Anna Claire and I am so glad she is such an integral part of my life!


***Oh and yes I made my 2 year old a 'BTS' cake for her birthday... she doesn't care and we re-labled it 'B of S' Cake!! And yes that candle is from the 72 hour kit...it was Sunday!!


16 comments:

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Claire you kill me you are so funny, i love it that you used a huge candle and only one for anna's 2ed birthday, how are you feeling by the by? you are so close. we need to do lunch.

Brett and Lisa said...

I can't believe Anna is 2! SHe is really a darling little girl! And you make me laugh that you put the acronyms for the "BTS" cake... does "B of S" mean what I think it means... :). You also look great by the way, you can't even tell that you are 9 months prego...

christensen crew said...

CLAIRE!!! Anna is not two already?!!! She is so cute, and about to be a big sister! How are you? Yes, let's do lunch! Hey, would you leave your phone number on my blog? I don't have your number and I want to call you!!! How silly is that?! Please do, Okay?
-Katie

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday cute Anna!!! It's so crazy how the time flies! I love the 72 hr kit candle, that's hilarious. So you do NOT even look pregnant in that picture! Any day now, right?

Rebecca said...

Anna is getting so big and so CUTE!I got down to the picture of the cake and thought "hmmm...is that B____ than S__ cake?" and then I read your comment after. So funny! I think I need to go make myself one right now. So yummy!

-Becca

p.s. You better call me when you have this baby! DOes he have a name yet?

Jenny and Brett said...

You are funny Claire! Before I read your comment I knew exactly what kind of cake that was! I haven't had that forever!! Anyway, I can't believe it's already been 2 years. I still remember exactly where I was when you called me to tell me she was born!

Martha said...

Claire stop kidding everyone you aren't having another baby. This is crazy. I still can't believe Anna is 2 and that she is your little girl! I feel like we are all still 17 and no one is married and all the cousins still have sleep overs.

anne said...

claire, martha's right... when did we all grow-up? I can't believe you're about to have baby#2! I'm so excited for you. You totally passing me up. I've got to get started! Hope you're feeling well. Love you, anne june

Karen said...

Anna is such a doll! That's Amy holding her though isn't it? I played ultimate frisbee with your dad and brian this week (YW/YM). Brian is amazing. He'd come flying out of nowhere and catch the frisbee! It's good to have them back.

Jer + Lu said...

I get the 'BTS', but what about 'B of S'? Is it 'because of...'? Anyway, looks like good times were had by all! Where are you having your baby? It'd be nice if you came my way! Good luck-- sounds like any day now!

Brett and Lisa said...

AHHH! 11 days!!

Alder Family said...

Happy Birthday to Anna! Looks like you guys had such a fun time. And the camping experience- you are so brave! I don't think I would dare to take Annie. Anyway, 10 days and counting; I can't believe it! Hope that you're feeling good.

christensen crew said...

Claire, I never got the email with your number! katie@broadweave.com. You may have had my old email address. Sorry! but try again cause we need to chat and hook up before your baby comes! OR now it looks like after! I guess any day now! Love you Claire...
Love Kate

christensen crew said...

Claire, I never got the email with your number! katie@broadweave.com. You may have had my old email address. Sorry! but try again cause we need to chat and hook up before your baby comes! OR now it looks like after! I guess any day now! Love you Claire...
Love Kate

Andy and Kimi said...

Claire...is there a baby yet?? I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. You can check out on the happenings on our family at andyandkimi.blogspot.com
So fun to see you and talk last month- nice that our parents live next door!

amy cate said...

Who is that cute girl holding anna? Oh wait that's me ;) No worries though claire i take every comment about me looking like you as a total complement!