This week while I was getting Anna psyched for the 4th, I explained that it was the birthday of our country. "We are having a birthday party for the United States...Won't that be fun? There will be fireworks and a parade and we will eat lots of yummy food..." "But MoM I just think it should be my birthday instead!" Now needless to say she accepted the fact that Mr. Flag should have a birthday too and decided to make the most of it, after all Dad didn't have to go to work! We all had a wonderful 4th!
The morning started out with the Millcreek Parade. Josh and Anna rode their tricycles and Quinn sat in his throne in the radio flyer. Considering how shy Anna is in public, she loved all of the attention and whistles! What a cute parade.
Aunt AMY and Quinn
What a stud my dad is.
As if 1 BBQ wasn't enough we decided to have 2! The first was at my mom's house for lunch and the second for dinner at our house. Sparklers followed. The kids loved the sparklers until Anna picked up a hot sparkler. The blisters on her fingers were the only down side of the day. To top off the night we went to the Pleasant Grove Fireworks. This is my all time favorite firework show. They always do such a fabulous job. I was nervous about Quinn but he loved the show. He even stood up to dance half way through! I can't wait until next year! I love the 4th! And as Anna would say, 'Happy Birthday Mr. Flag!'
4 comments:
It looks like you did the US proud. I can't believe how big Anna is getting! Its pretty crazy!
Todd is such a stud!!!
call us we wanna hang!
Mason had a similar incident with sparklers 2 years ago and still hates them. So you went to your house for dinner? Where might this be?
I guess it was worth it but I'm sorry I missed the 4th with you guys.
Post a Comment