The month started out with Adam and I putting an offer on a home, which was accepted!Then my little Sister married her true love, on August 2. It was a beautiful wedding. She and Ryan are a great couple and we are so excited to have them join the married crowd. I think Adam is happy to have another in-law to commiserate with while at all the family functions!
We sent all of Anna's Binkies to heaven for the little babies. I hung a birthday bag on the door and told her that when she was ready she could put her binkies in the bag and we would send them away and then she could have a new bike. She was actually pretty excited about it until that night! Adam was putting her to bed. She was crying. She was yelling at heaven saying, "Dang-it, Dang-it Heaven". Poor girl. I hope she doesn't have a negative complex of heaven now!
A few days after that we took Adam's little sister through the Timpanogos temple. It was so wonderful to be in the temple with our whole family.

That night Adam's brother and his family flew in from Arkansas for the wedding. So that week was jam-packed with family activities every single day which led up to the wedding of Bethany and Jake. Their wedding was the dream backyard wedding. My sweet mother-in-law has been working her guts out for the past 7 months to prepare for this wedding. All her hard work paid off...it was beautiful. We were able to spend a few more days with the AR Browns before they headed back to start school.
After the wedding was over we finally were able to focus on our own little family and the changes we are about to make. I started packing just in time for Anna and Quinn to get sick with fevers that lasted for 4 days. I always psych myself out when my kids get sick. I always think, oh they are just fine, it is just a cold. But then I always end up taking them to the doctor just to have him verify what I already knew... just a virus, you will have to wait it out! rrrr!
My little boy isn't so little! Quinn has decided he would like to walk now! So just in the past week he has mastered walking. The poor little guy has bruises all over his head from falling but it hasn't seemed to slow him down! I often catch myself taking a double take when I look at him. I am so not ready for him to be growing up!
Which now leads me to today, my house is all packed I am ready (so ready) to finally get a home. We are so excited and can hardly wait. We are closing on the home tomorrow and are moving in on Wednesday. Funny story... when I asked Anna if she would like to move to a new home she said, "No, I want to live here for eber and eber." But then I explained that she would get her bike and have a backyard to play in, she thought about it and said, "Okay, we can leave in 10 minutes."
What a wonderful month we have had and if you made it to the end of this post you are a wonderful friend!
14 comments:
I made it!!! I love long post and I am so excited for you and a new home. I can't wait to see it.
Claire! So good to hear about your goings on. Congratulations on buying your first home. How exciting!! Your little Anna is a crack up. I love hearing your stories about her and the hilarious things she says. I can't believe we still haven't gotten together and the summer is coming to an end. Where is your new house?? Still close hopefully. WE'll call you!
2 weddings and a new house? yay, what a fun month! Have you moved in yet?
NO WAY! You guys got a house! Where is it? I am so way excited for you. That is such a big step, we want to hear all about it and see pictures, even if you are busy moving in and unpacking!
though moving sucks because of the packing and unpacking, once you're in...it's great!
it was so good to see you at the wedding.
lets stay better in touch through the blog :)
Oh come on Claire, it wasn't that long. I do feel like I need to take a nap for you though! You must be exhausted! I can't wait to really come down to your neck of the woods and see your cute house! Good luck with the unpacking :)
Hooray for you guys! I am excited to come check out your new house! Let's play soon.
Congratulations! What an exciting time. First homes are fantastic and incredibly stressful :)
I cant wait to see pictures, and hear all about it.
I am such a wonderful friend!
As excited as I am for you to have your own home and get out of these apartments I'm going to miss seeing you outside all the time and hanging out just because you're out there. But at least you're not too far:)
Congrats on the new home! It's a good phase of life to be in. It was great seeing you at Amy's wedding. Hopefully Karen's is around the corner....
thank you for the compliment! you are a wonderful friend, too! I am glad all went well and you can focus on getting that cute house of yours ( I haven't seen it, nut I am sure it is cute) together!
congrats claire; how exciting to have a home! and august was a busy month! my goodness, but it seemed like a really fun month too. love ya my friend!
Wow. I fell off the blogging wagon there for a while, but so much fun to catch up on the fam! Congrats on the house...that is so awesome and you guys so deserve it! I am so happy for you. Anna is a hoot. Good thing you are writing all this stuff down. Miss you!
Post a Comment