Sunday, September 14, 2008

Small Ears Hear So Much...



These past few weeks have been incredibly busy for us and I am planning on blogging about it all as soon as I get some pictures taken, however I wanted to tell of this little experience I had with Anna.




The past 5 days Adam has been sick, really sick. I think he got the virus the kids did only it was about 5x worse. I was getting really worried. I took him to the urgent care a few days ago and then last night I was in SL when he called me home. He was really sick, having difficulty breathing. He needed a blessing fast. I called 2 of my brother-in-laws who came to my house within 20 minutes. As I have had a lot of time to think about life and what our priorities should be, I have had many conversations with Anna explaining why daddy is sick. We have said many prayers for him. Now... all of that being said this is why I wanted to post; after saying a prayer Anna said to me, "But how does Heavenly Father hear us? Is there a hole in the floor so that he can hear what we say? But does he really hear me?" I then on the spot got to have a little conversation with her about the power of prayer and why it is so special. I realized this week that my little girl is growing up and I am realizing that my part as a Mom is beginning to become even more vital. I now get to teach her to the best of my ability all that I have learned to be true. I am so very grateful to my heavenly father for entrusting me with my 2 beautiful children to raise despite my imperfections. I promise to do the very best I can to teach my little children all that my Heavenly Father would have them learn.




And incase you were concerned, Adam is feeling alot better and hopefully will continue to improve as the days go by.


I am grateful for the times we fall so that may be a little taller and stronger when we stand back up!

8 comments:

Matt said...

Sweet story:). So glad to hear that Adam is feeling better.

Jer + Lu said...

How touching! You're an awesome mom, Claire-- keep it up, you're an inspiration! Take good care of your man-- after all his hard work these past 3 years he needs to be able to enjoy the benefits!

Forsythe said...

I am sorry to hear about Adam, that is not fun at all! But, I do truly believe that it is the hard times where we grow and get to show our love for each other. Let me know if we need to reschedule for Thursday or send me the directions to your house. Good Luck!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Seriosly Claire... you are such a wonderful mom (and i am not just saying that) I look up to you in so many ways, and this is one of them. How you teach your children of Christ, and what a big part he is to each one of us. I hope that I can be like you and say the right things when Rigby starts asking me question! Keep up the good work.
And I am also glad that Adam is feeling better.

katie said...

claire...great post.

i could not have said it better myself. even though i get so scared at the ways that i am teaching them or not teaching them correctly, it's the greatest job...

to be a parent....thanks for the reminder.

Kelly said...

conversations like that are so memorable. I enjoyed your post. You're such a great mom.

Good luck to Adam! hopefully he kicks this real soon =)

Jenny and Brett said...

I hope things have gotten better for you and Anna's birthday went well! We need to get together when your family is well and life has slowed down a little bit for you!

missy d said...

sweet tender moments ;)