Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Baby is ONE!!





I am in complete denial that my little baby is now a toddler! For me when my baby turns one I usually spend the day reminiscing of the day he was born. Quinn's story started out a little bit different than most. Without telling too many details...in the beginning of my pregnancy I had a few complications which led my doctor to believe I had miscarried. I had a little bit of time to accept the idea and I had decided to go ahead with a D and C. The surgery was scheduled for Thursday and on Wednesday I went in for a ultra sound just for protocol. When I checked in at the front desk, I had tears streaming down my face. I was called back to the technician's office. As she began the ultra sound she asked, "what are we looking for today?". I explained that they already knew that I had miscarried, she was just supposed to verify so that we could go ahead with surgery. She looked at the monitor and then said, "There is definitely a baby here and it definitely has a strong heart beat." Now with tears of joy, I was speachless. The rest of my pregnancy was smooth and wonderful. There have been times I have thought back to that experience and I can't imagine a day without my precious baby. This little boy is an absolute joy and a pure gift from heaven. I am eternally grateful he is mine. I love you Quinn!




9 comments:

Millicent said...

What? Quinn is one? Didn't you just call me the other day to tell me he was here and the great story behind his name? Goodness...where does the time go? Hopefully, I'll get to meet this little guy in person, one day!

Happy Birthday Quinn!

Kelly said...

Wow Claire I didn't know that story about him. Good thing you went in for an ultrasound. He is so adorable! Happy Birthday to him! =)

missy d said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies.... At one year old, I can definitely see both you and Adam in him! What a cutie patutie!

Brett and Lisa said...

aww... he is such a cutie! I love the picture of him eating that cake and the family picture of you guys is so cute, too! Also, Anna's hair is just the prettiest color ever! Happy Birthday to Quinn!!

Jer + Lu said...

Happy Birthday Quinn!! Glad he made it here safe + sound- what a story! Love your adorable fam :)

Rachel said...

what a happy story claire!! quinn is just the most adorable thing ever! i love that family picture; your hair looks so great short! i really love it. xoxo

katie said...

i did not know that story/event happened!!! total goose bumps and can not even imagine how you must have felt. i'm sure that you look back on that and think that it was kind of a "sign" for you to always remember that he's is supposed to be here with you as his mom!
you're the best claire and i have loved all of these family events lately because then i get to see you...and with her hot new hairdo! :) plus you are a fan of the blogger world and will stick up for me.... :)

Crystal said...

You have such a cute family. Your kids are so adorable. It is crazy how fast time flies especially during the first year of your child's life. We'll see how the other years fly by since I only have Camarae's first year to compare with.

Congrats on the house!

the gray gang said...

Hey girl! Cute pics! I cannot believe he is really one!!! You sure make beautiful kids! :)
Glad you had a night out with your man! You deserve it!!!
Love ya!