Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Night With My Man


For about the last month I have been looking forward to a night away. I didn't want to think too much about it because there is always that chance that someone may get sick, something may come up at work, or some other unexpected reason thus causing the long awaited
get-a-way to be cancelled. So when the day came and everyone reported healthy, the calendar was blocked, and my mom gave the final O.K. to take the kids, I felt like I was 3 years old again meeting Cinderella for the first time! The night was nothing fancy but it was absolutely perfect! We went to MainStreet in Park City for dinner... A Movie...Swimming/Hot-Tubbing and then back to the condo for more food. We fell asleep and didn't wake up until 9 hours later. NINE hours of un-interupted sleep. Haven't experienced that for about 3 years. When we woke up we just layed in bed and talked. No one came in our room demanding we fulfill their desires 'right now'. No one needed a bottle or needed to go potty. We just talked. It was wonderful. We spent some time at the outlets where there was not even one penny spent on anyone under the age of 26...also wonderful. I am now looking forward to retirement more than ever.
[as a side note: Don't worry, I am still completely in love with my children.]

9 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

OH, Clarie! That sounds so fun! I am glad that you got to do that! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Jer + Lu said...

What a perfect (+ much needed) get-a-away! Glad you guys found some time for yourselves :)

Jenny and Brett said...

A night of uninterupted sleep is priceless! Your mom is a saint! Your lucky to have gone and done something like that just for fun and not for an anniversary or something! I'm way jealous!

missy d said...

Good for you guys! Park City is my first getaway choice... love it!

Forsythe said...

what a great get-a-way. You guys deserve it. Souded like fun!

katie said...

isn't that the best....

just the quiet...no demands...and just laying there and talking with a little somethin somethin on the side?!?

just kidding...but no really :)
and please explain to everyone that i am just a retard and not a total perv....

Rachel said...

you are so cute claire. i love your re-cap of the get-away. and i'm glad you loved every minute of the break! no point in having a get-away if you are going to worry/talk/think about the kids the whole time. i want to have one too:) love you!

Alysha said...

SO JEALOUS! That sounded just perfect for the two of you and well deserved. :)

Melissa Myers said...

How fun! You totally deserved it!