Sunday, October 31, 2010

If I were in charge...

If I were in charge of a preschool Halloween program I would not have 150 kids be in the same program with over 300 parents sitting 8 feet from the preschoolers faces. When I signed Ann up for school I knew there was going to be anxiety regarding the "programs". I secretly dreaded it. Frankly I am proud of her for sitting there the whole time.

But here she is at her first preschool program...

notice: no hand motions, no lyrics, no smiling
Slowly she just can't take it any more and decides to hide under her hat.


And this is how she sat during the remainder of the program.

I wish I would have take a picture of the kid who cried so hard she barfed all over the kids around her. (which they didn't bother to clean up) Or the other kid dressed up like a dinosaur who screamed bloody murder till his mom had to come take him out.

Yep- I'll take hiding under a hat. Really I think it is quite cleaver! Way to go Anna!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun experience indeed!:( BTW, your costume ideas were DARLING! Way to be that super pregnant lady walking the streets!:)

Jer + Lu said...

Wow. Sounds traumatic! The things we do to our kids...