Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little Girl Back Pack

Anna is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks and we thought it would be fun to make her bag. Heaven knows how much I love the 5' backpacks you buy from target for a pretty penny! So we decided to make a few alterations.

Every girl has to have her accessories! When making it I envisioned pencils...once I gave it to Anna she had her dollar bills and old cell phone. Oh how they grow too fast!


The Strap (intended to go over the shoulder, across the chest)
View from under the front flap
Back view: a magnetic button pocket great for carrying notebooks
Front view: under flap
Anna calls these her "secret pockets"
Perfect Size for a growing girl



I had a few people ask if I am selling these...I just listed it in my Etsy shop. I am going to make the orders as I get them so there may be a week turn around. Go HERE to get yours!

4 comments:

Amanda and Chase England said...

So cute! You are one talented lady:)

Unknown said...

Darling, Claire!

mj said...

looooooooooove! i think i hear angels singing. i have been spinning my wheels trying to figure out what to do for leah this year. she had an okay one last year, but the straps were awful and wouldn't stay on her shoulders. and since she can't use her hands, it was a lost cause. everything in the store is way too big for her slender frame...or it has dora plastered all over it. yuck. i love this idea! do you have a pattern i could buy from you?

Cristi said...

I love these!!!! SOOO cute!