Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

President Gordon B. Hinckley
Prophet, Seer, And Revealtor
President Hinckley has always been one of my heros. He is an incredible man who dedicated his life to serving God. He has taught me to try a little bit harder and be a little bit better in all that I do. I will be eternally grateful for the service and teachings of Pres. Hinckley. He will be greatly missed. However as sad as this passing is I can't help but be so happy. At the ripe age of 97 years old he had truely passed his test and was ready to meet his maker. I also love to imagine the glorious reunion he must be experiencing right now with his beautiful wife. He loved her with the most sacred and unconditional love. The perfect example of the love we should all strive to have in our own marriages.
I have a very strong testimony of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints With out the knowledge this religion offers me, my life would be hollow and in vain. I thank my heavenly father every day for the bountious blessings he has blessed my small family with. I am eternally greatful for a church that offers a living prophet that guides us in a time when there is such uncertainty in the world. I love you President Hinckley. Thank you for devoting your entire life to serving us! You will be eternally blessed!

http://www.lds.org/





5 comments:

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Claire, you write just how my heart thinks! What an amazing man...he will surly be missed

Jer + Lu said...

Couldn't agree more. Nice tribute :) I couldn't help but laugh at Govenor Huntsman's comment "..we are truly mourning his passing..." It doesn't really seem like a time to mourn, but celebrate for him.

Brett and Lisa said...

That is a beautiful memorial and testimony! Good job, Claire!

christensen crew said...

That was beautiful Claire! Thanks for expressing your thoughts and testimony, such an inspiration...

Thanks for having us out Tuesday! We loved coming to visit and the gym was a score! Sorry for the Teeter- Totter Trauma! :)

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Claire! I just found your blog linked up with someone elses...You have such a beautiful family!!! Congratulations on everything. I am glad you are doing so well. lots of love
Lizzie Checchio
thedayleys.blogspot.com