Today was Anna's first day as a Sunbeam (the first real Sunday School class for kids in our church). She has been anticipating this day for weeks. She has been talking a lot about scriptures and she has been toting around my old little blue quad. She claims them as her own. So I thought it would be fun to get her one of those manuals that have the pictures and tell all of the stories from the Book of Mormon. I gave it to her on Saturday and made kind of a big deal out of it. I said that these were her special scriptures because now she was going to be a Sunbeam. Well she ate it up. She begs for me to read her scripture stories at any time of the day. Last night I was reading to her and I said only one more chapter. She argued and said, " No Mommy, I want lots and lots of stories. All of them." I explained that if we indeed read all of her Scripture Stories tonight we would have nothing to read tomorrow. "But Mommy, My heart tells me this is good for me. I need to read more !" Now please tell me, How in the world do you argue with that?!!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet!!! You are such a great mom!!! I hope that I can teach my kids as much about the church as you have yours!!!
I guess in all that motherhooding you've managed to do something right! Not that I ever doubted you...
om my.. how sweet is that! I love the santa pics. Ryan FREAKED too. what a good girl anna is!
Post a Comment