I went to a boutique a little while ago and discovered this great idea to make aprons out of dish towels. Then one day I was at Costco; they had a pack of 10 towels for $11...PERFECT! I loved the colors. I altered the idea a little and made pockets with the extra fabric and added a little ribbon.
Anna was very excited to set up for the party. Thanks to the Nursery for the table and chairs.
The first activity was 'Pretend Play'. I set up two play kitchens, a bowl of real flour, real sugar, and water. I gave them all an ikea mixing bowl and a mixing spoon. They went to town. They were giggling and loving it. However I wish I would have put this little set up in the grass. It would have helped when the food fight broke out. There are no actual pictures of the 'pretend play' because I was too busy thinking what the heck did I do to myself!
The second activity was making Pizza. This went over pretty well. I gave them each a plate with dough, a dollop of pizza sauce, and 3 pepperoni.
The problem was my mixing of colors didn't turn out too well. I was going for a dark brown meatball look but came up with a disgusting green poop look. I can always count on Amy to tell me what she really thinks of my ideas!

L to R: Josh, Kamryn, Avery, Anna, Elle (Standing), April, Grace, Paige, and Cami in the back.
The last activity was decorating their own cakes. I found these little molds at WalMart. They were just little glass bowls but they work in the oven. One cake is about the equivalent to 5 cupcakes. The morning of the party Anna and I made frosting. We made Pink, Yellow, Purple, Green, Blue, and Orange. This turned out way cuter than I even hoped for. You know that part in the movie Hook (Peter pan) when they have the food fight? That is how these cakes turned out. So dang fun. They garnished with sprinkles, sweet tarts and candles.
L to R: Josh, Kamryn, Avery, Anna, Elle (Standing), April, Grace, Paige, and Cami in the back.
5 comments:
I think you deserve the mommy of the year award! How do you come up with all of these cute ideas?? I'm going to have to steal them from you once Haylee is old enough for a friend party!
Such a cute idea, Claire!! Now, Sydney's birthday is in January. Can't you just hop on a plane and come do hers, too!!
Wow, what a party! You definitely are your mother's daughter and an amazing mother.
What an incredible party!! The aprons are adorable. And you're right-- that frosting is so vibrant + fun!
What a cool mom! I am sure Iwill never be that cool, cut, or creative! But one day I might copy half of your party; I don't think I could do all of that. You are amazing!
Post a Comment