Wednesday, June 30, 2010

California


A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to two and a half days of "girl-time". I flew down to California for the wedding of one of my favorite room-mates, Millie!

Lisa, the girl who endured me as her roommate for 3 years, is 38 weeks pregnant in this picture...you'd never know! She has since had her little boy! We got in late and I was starving. So in classic roommate style we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory at 10:30pm. I think the food tasted good. I'm pretty sure I was asleep though!
Chelsea, Me, and Lisa
The second day we woke up and headed to the beach. Chelsea showed us around her home town of Laguna. So cute and so fun. This was the Zinc Cafe for breakfast.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was courtesy of Chelsea's cousin. We spent the day at this private beach/house. So beautiful. So quiet, so relaxing...SO FUN!
Luckily for us the sun came out and all clouds disappeared!
I should have considered a rotation to the stomach. My front half got fried!!


After the beach we headed over to see Millie at her Wedding Dinner. What a beautiful program, I couldn't be more happy for her!
Lisa-Chelsea-Millie-Me
I was determined to get my feet rubbed and painted before I headed back to the real life. We snuck over there between the wedding and reception. Loved it!
LA Temple

The happy couple. I LOVE the expression on Millie's face. She was by far the most animated/excited/happy bride I have seen. So beautiful.


Love you Girls, thanks for the wonderful weekend!

*And as a side note I have to say that the best part of my trip was returning to my sweet little family.
I missed them so much.

3 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

it was so fun!! i won't be offended taht your favorite part was going home - that was my favorite part too when I went to UT :)! and thanks for posting all the most unflattering pictures of me... :) We will see you in a few weeks!!

Jer + Lu said...

So glad you got to go! What a great girls weekend. Believe it or not, I've never had a pedicure! But my brother has....

anne said...

What a great weekend! Too bad it wasn't a month later... I live 10 minutes from the LA Temple now.... Glad you got away and got to hang with some old friends. Congrats to Millie!