Today I had the opportunity to talk to Anna about fasting.
Today my sweet ward family united their hearts and prayers in behalf of my sweet little boy. Normally we would fast on a designated Sunday of the month but this was different. The bishop chose today, just a regular Sunday, to be a day when all of our ward would pray for him and his well-being.
Today we are praying for stability. We are praying for control. Specifically we are praying that the B-12 shot regimen, we are going to start this week, will help in controlling the seizures.
Growing up, I remember participating in 2 ward fasts; both incredible experiences.
Today I feel incredibly honored to be a recipient of such incredible blessings.
I said to Anna, "You know when you want something really really bad?"
"Yes! Like when I wanted my Rapunzel doll from the store."
"What are some things you could do to tell me how bad you wanted that thing?"
We came up with some different ideas: cleaning her room, being extra good, not fighting, being obedient.
I explained to her that fasting is like telling our Heavenly Father that we want something really really bad. It is hard to go with out food and it is really hard for you (Anna) to clean your room. She then started to giggle; meaning she was understanding what I was explaining.
I explained to her that today we are going to do something really hard....no eating food and we are going to pray really hard and hopefully Heavenly Father will bless us for doing something really hard. Just like I would reward you for your hard work when you clean your room.
"Oh I get it!" she says to me. She then preceded to tell me what "meal" she was going to skip. {all of them...except snacks;)}
I have thought a lot about this conversation. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father knows what I want. And I also know with all of my heart that He knows what is best for all of us (Quinn and our family). I know that my Father will bless us. How he will bless us, I am not sure but I know he will. I will never be the same person I was 6 months ago. I have learned life lessons that I wouldn't trade for all of the money in the world. I know my savior Jesus Christ. He has been with me every step of the way and I have no doubt he will carry me until it is over.
Fasting is a powerful plea to our Father in Heaven.
We will be blessed for our efforts.
Thank you for all of the prayers.
I will remember this day for the rest of my life.
1 comments:
Love you Claire!!!
Post a Comment