Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Meet Scriddle


This morning when we awoke, we found this under our tree.
Inside we found a special letter from Santa Claus himself. He sent us our very own little elf who we named, Scriddle. {not quite sure how we came up with that name!} He came with a fabulous little story that told us that he will watch over us every day and at night when we go to sleep, he will magically fly back to Santa's workshop in the North Pole. He will report to the big man on our progress each day. And when we wake up in the morning he will be hiding in a new spot. We will have to see who finds him first. Scriddle was welcomed with open arms in our family. If anyone needs some bribery made of gold, I would highly recommend this book! It is Fantastic!












...maybe next year scriddle will be cooler than quinn's chocolate milk. We will see.




8 comments:

Sarah said...

Way cute idea but, no offense, the elf sort looks creepy to me.

Kimberly said...

We have the elf as a tradition also. We love it and ours is named Peter (Like Peter Pan cause he flys) BTW, you're not suppose to touch him. It says right in the book... please do not touch me or my magic will go away! Something like that. ENJOY!

Claire said...

we did read the "do not touch him" page, but we decided not to follow that rule...oops!

MJ said...

We opened him tonight. Honestly, the whole time I read the book to the kids, I felt guilty about the manipulation, but he's still sitting on the mantle. And the elf doll is super creepy looking. He's definitely watching me right now and I'm afraid he's going to come alive and chase me with a knife.

Jer + Lu said...

Fun idea. Ezra's already told me he's accepted the fact he's on the naughty list. There's no bribe good enough for that child....

Jenny and Brett said...

This is the first year I have heard of this. Where can I get a copy??

Rebecs said...

That is so cute! I have thought of doing that in the past and now you reminded me. I sent Jed Janice's information. Hopefully he calls soon!

Brett and Lisa said...

I thought this looked cute! I saw it at b + n.... I mean santa's workshop :). fun tradition! I still into can't wait to start that stuff - Ry is still into chocolate milk more than anythin, so next year!