Today was a big day.
A day I feared would never come.
Rather than go into all the details {and to keep my blood at a healthy temperature} I will just say this:
One day about three and a half months ago Anna went to preschool. That was the last time she went to preschool, or Church, or to play at a friend's house, or to my own mother's house or ANYwhere with out me right by her side.
This poor little girl has been in a world of hurt and fear. For the last 3 months I have been beside myself.
I have prayed.
I have talked to many friends and family members.
I have read books.
I have searched the internet.
I pleaded with her.
I cried.
I tried and tried to get her to do things, to go places, with out me...
It didn't work.
For months it did not work. I finally gave up. I was reassured by loved ones that she will bounce back. She will return to her vibrant self who loves to learn and loves to be around people. I wanted to believe it would happen but it was hard to see any end in sight when I was blinded by the present day.
Today however was different. Today I took a little girl to preschool. She was brave. Her bottom lip quivered and she fought to keep the tears in her eyes as she silently assured me she was going to be okay. I lovingly handed over to a friend I trust and walked away.
Inside her tiny back pack was her special Scriddle and a stopwatch that had a timer set for when I would return.
Today. she. did. it. She was away from me at preschool for 2 hours and she loved it.
Today I saw the return of a once brave little girl.
I am grateful for Today.
11 comments:
That is awesome. I LOVE the picture on here. She has come a long way. I'm so proud. Thanks for everything Claire. Love you.
Wow! I had no idea. What a brave little girl indeed. Way to hang in there!
Love the picture.
My girls are the complete opposite, but I can imagine how you would feel! This post made me teary eyed. I can feel your love and frustration - mix of emotions going through you and HER! Brings new meaning to the words... patience and long-suffering! That is such a BIG step. Congrats!!!
OH my! Emma has been through that too. She wouldn't go to the gym for the life of her. It was really frustrating. And I honestly think something happened to her that caused her to not want to go...what happened is still a mystery. BUt i'm so glad that she has overcome her fear! She is adorable. She reminds me of Emma. Are you guys going to the big Sainsbury party? I'm excited to see you and the kids!
That sounds heartbreaking. She IS brave! Congrats on a big day for the both of you!
HOORAY FOR ANNA!!! We are so proud of you and happy for your great mom! It will only get better from here on out! We love and miss you guys...
HOORAY FOR ANNA!!! We are so proud of you and happy for your great mom! It will only get better from here on out! We love and miss you guys...
Wow. I had no idea. Well, I am happy for this big step and I'm proud of Anna. I am happy for you. I love you, friend!
YAY! that is so great,claire! good job anna!
Claire, From when you told me your story months ago, I have prayed for you to feel at peace. What a hard hard challange to go through something like that. You are one AMAZING mother. And I am so PROUND of your little Anna. Good job!!! Love you and Can't wait to see you next week!
Yeah Anna! Way to stick it out Claire!
Post a Comment