Many years ago I sat in a class room at BYU learning about concepts of Economics. I don't remember what my final grade was in that class but I can tell you this, ever since becoming a Mother there has been a concept from this said class that has haunted me day after day. The concept of Opportunity Costs. Everything we do has a cost. Not necessarily a monetary cost but some sort of cost whether it be time, emotion, pain, etc. You get the idea. Well today I chose to clean my kitchen. It needed it very bad.
You see we spent the day making this lovely piece of work. As beautiful as it is, my floor and every other square inch of my kitchen was covered in thick coconut frosting and candy colored nightmare.
So this morning I had two goals.
1. Clean Kitchen
2. Finish my Christmas Card banner.
I am happy to say I accomplished my goals BUT at what cost did I accomplish my goals?
Let me just show you....
Exhibit 1: This is Anna. She is got into my closet and dumped out a huge drawer of shirts to find this fabulous out fit. She is sporting a wide variety of my clinique make up which was later spread all over the rocking chair in the kids' room. She did her hair. Very cute. And made sure to get the bra on before all of the layers of shirts.
Exhibit 2: This was a once very boring cake plate. It is now well dressed with insects of all kinds. Thank you Anna. I was hoping to get to that project.
Exhibit 3: This is Quinn. Or better yet this is Quinn's purple hand. His hand is dyed purple because he got into the {child proof} closet and found the bag of "gummy drops" {gum balls}. This was a bad thing. Very bad thing. This brilliant shade of purple was the perfect ink pad for my baby to stamp his little finger prints all over my sparkly walls. This purple also frosted Quinn's outfit from head to toe. Love the purple.
5 comments:
What a great post!!! So true...so true! I love the banner BTW, and the pictures too:) tomorrow, you can clean up the mess from today, and have your bathroom redecorated afterwards! I'm so glad Anna remembered to wear the bra too!!! (Some adults I've seen have forgotten that one! yuck!):)
I too have had a sense of oppourtunity cost with everything in my life since taking economics! How silly that a concept can end up ruling your life. Anyway, so much for all those toys we buy huh? Might as well spent that money on a maid! All I have to say is where is your Christmas card Missy?
Did you paint your cabinets? I thought you had stained them before.
Oh and the kitchen looks nicely cleaned. :)
What a nightmare! I think any mother can relate! But your kitchen looks fabulous + I love the Christmas card banner. So perfect.
Keep shakin' that sunshine stick :)
This is funny and very "In the Life of Clair Brown."
Also I am blogging for the first time in a month and I kid you not I looked up and Gabe had my make up and was dumping it out. I think you jinked me.
Post a Comment