Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday


We had such a great Easter this year. Coincidentally both sets of families were vacationing elsewhere so I was able to Host Easter dinner for those siblings left behind. I loved planning for it although I have a lot of respect for our families who do Sunday dinners weekly. so.much.work.
The Easter Bunny found us this year. He left a little trail from the kids bed room down to their baskets. The Easter Bunny was too tired to be really clever with hiding the baskets and such, so this is what they got.

Great thing was, they weren't disappointed.








After they had checked out the sandbox and their baskets, Anna found a note that sent her on a treasure hunt to find a special present from the Bunny himself. The other day while wondering the mall the kids begged to go in to Build A Bear.

This activity is usually followed with a long string of "ppppppllllllllleeeeease" "mom, I promise I will do anything you ask me to do for the rest of my life!" "Mom, my heart will just break if we don't get this bear." Quinn just screams at the top of his lungs as we leave the store and usually for a few minutes following until I can distract him.
So as I realized it was Thursday, and Easter was in 4 days and I had yet to fill their baskets with anything, I snuck it in the basket. {paid for it of course} The next days were filled with vocal dreams of "that bunny was sooooo cute. I just wish I could have it!"

Needless to say she was pretty excited to find a deflated bunny hiding under her bed. We went first thing Monday morning to Fill her up and give her a name. On the way to the Mall, I listened to her tell 'Darby Brown' {she picked that name all on her own} that it wouldn't hurt a bit. and "don't you worry, I will be right by your side!" So cute!
My personal favorite of Easter was just listening to conference. I just loved it. I already mentioned that in a previous post so I won't go on about that. I also loved watching Quinn play in the sand box. Because we woke up to dang snow out side the box did not go outside nor did the sand go inside. So we got creative. We brought down a few of our beach towels onto the kitchen floor and filled it with water. Quinn played for hours. No pictures. Too busy cooking.

I had fun making cute center pieces for the tables.
The cream Soda's were a big hit. I found this Lion House Recipe book that I must have been given for my wedding. It had all of these instructions on how to fold napkins...fancy. That was fun. I made little place tags out of my cricut and filled the bags with cadbury eggs.

The serving table. I cut a branch off the tree that was starting to blossom and hung some eggs on it. I think this will be a tradition. In just 4 days the blossoms have gone crazy. It makes me smile every time I see it.

3 comments:

Rebecs said...

Look at you Miss Martha Stewart! The kids room looks darling too! So is Jed still dating someone? I have some glass jars I and I want to add to my collection, where did you get the one you have? I love it!

christensen crew said...

Hey Claire...Seriously, MARTHA!!! You are just amazing! Your table is beautiful...and your kids' room is just darling. Talented woman! And, I had tears when I read the EASTER post and little Quinn's excitement when he knew that Jesus waked up! just so precious....what a sweet message to share. Hope you had a great birthday this week.. love you, Kate

katie said...

really martha??? really???

can i start finding these treasures with you??? my house could use one of your make-overs!!!

i LOVE everything!!!

good job

xoxo