Monday, April 5, 2010

A New Hope


After a very inspiring weekend, I was filled with a new hope and motivation to teach my children more about the Jesus Christ. So tonight during Family Home Evening, I was showing pictures of the death and resurrection of Christ. I said, "Jesus died, but 3 days later he was resurrected." Before I had a chance to explain what resurrected means, Quinn gets the most excited look on his face and shouts, "He waked up!! He waked up!! He waked up and said, "TA-DA!" " That moment was an absolute testimony of the beautiful talks I heard this weekend. I think it was Elder Bednar who said, it doesn't madder how old the child is. He will feel of the spirit of Christ. He will recognize it and he will learn! It is true! Little Quinton had a testimony of Jesus Christ long before I began to teach him. I marvel at the blessing it is to be a parent. I am so blessed to have these sweet spirits in my care and pray that somewhere along the way I teach them as much as they teach me.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Thank you Claire for your sweet testimony as well. Quinton has one good mom. I miss you big time!

Brett and Lisa said...

what a sweet experience!

Alder Family said...

Cute, Claire! You are such a good mom.