For the past few months we have been busy redecorating a few rooms in the house. Today I'll let you peek into the kids' room. This is the best "Before Picture" I could find. We sold Anna's bed, took down the crib, and moved the kids in together. *Which they have absolutely loved. I can't imagine them apart now!
This is the wall you see when you walk into the room. Green Walls. Bold. Wasn't sure it was going to work. I think it did. I saw this idea of taking embroidery hoops and filling them with fabric. So simple, yet it ties the whole room together. Underneath the shelf is a little way for the kids to showcase what they have been working on. I tried for weeks to figure out how I wanted to do this. But I love the end result.

I just bought some clothes pins and Modge Podged them with coordinating paper. The four little circles are the 'create your own buttons' found at any craft store. Anna loves this.
I repainted the closet and replaced the knobs. My friend had a Growth Chart like the one on the left at her house. LOVE this. The kids love it. They wake up every morning to see if they have grown a little bit more. The secret is...they only grow if the sleep all the way through the night and stay in their bed all night long. Many nights there is no growing! The board was really easy to make and so fun. I picked the paper from Roberts and used my cricut to cut the numbers. Love it!


The beds were actually the item that got all of the ideas spinning. Last summer I found this bed at a yard sale. I loved it but thought it could be used for 2 beds instead of one. I painted them white and glued on the little wooden applique to give it a little more character.
I found the fabric at Hancock Fabrics. I fell in love with fabric for Anna's duvet cover. That is where I matched the green for the walls and the blue for Q's bed. The covers were really quite easy to make. Just a simple rectangle with buttons on the top for easy cleaning. It is filled with a down comforter that I found from Tuesday morning. I had to make the pillows to match. Just the right touch.
The pictures were so fun. I got the frames at DI and painted them all to match. I let the kids pick out their favorite pictures of themselves. This may be their favorite parts of their room.
The last thing is this little night stand that I bought at a yard sale last summer for $2. The little plant and vase are from IKEA.

A trash can from IKEA posing as a hamper




9 comments:
wwwwaaayyy cute claire! I can't wait until I'm done with school so I can start being crafty!
Wow! The room looks really great! I love the pictures on the wall, the hoops w/fabric, the bed spreads, everything! When we finally get to buy a house here in UT you'll have to come help me decorate!
Love it! So cute. My favorite are the framed pictures- the perfect touch.
First, I loved your comments on conference and that was so sweet of your little boy, "He waked up."
Next, the room turned out absolutely darling and I am so impressed with your sewing, creativity and use of yard-sale items. I couldn't believe it when I saw the nightstand, it is the exact match to the dresser I used all growing up...which my mom also had bought at a yard sale. Fabulous job!
Claire, you have gone crazy crafty on me. I love it! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I missed you Thursday night!
such a CUTE room, claire!! and i have that trash can in my kitchen :) miss you!
Claire... I love love love what you did to your kids room, so cute now when you come down next time i need your HELP with my kids rooms... you are so talented!!!
Love it! Darling.
Oh my goodness Claire...I am speechless!
This room is amazing. I see this and am so jealous. I want a room like this! And it's good to see boys and girls share a room. I was thinking about this just today. When we move, most likely, we will rent a 3 bedroom house. I need a room to create which means the kids will need to be in one room. So it's nice to see this in action. I love the colors you used. I also LOVE Q's bedding. So cute for a boy. Man, everything in that room is awesome. Good job!
Post a Comment