The day I found out this baby is a girl, my mind started racing. I had list after list of things I want to do/make before this little child arrives. (which is the main reason for my long break from blogging) One of the items on my list was a Baby Blessing Dress. Years ago I had the great idea to make a dress for Anna. I think I got as far as buying a pattern. That was it. This time around I was determined. My grandma Jean has a beautiful collection of antique lace that I just had to have. I knew exactly what I wanted: white Dupioni silk, antique lace, extra long in the length, cap sleeves, and a scoop neck. It turned out perfect.
This was my first time actually following a pattern so there was a lot of time spent reading, re-reading and researching. Overall it wasn't that bad and it actually only took a day to make! I can't wait to meet this little girl!!!


7 comments:
Wow! The dress is absolutely beautiful!!!! Nice work~! Seriously.
Also, happy to see Brian head off on the mission! What a great experience for all of you!
Anyway, I miss you! I'd love to see you one of these days...if you're ever in Oregon or maybe I'll be in Utah someday...:)
How Gorgeous! You are so talented!
Stunning. You sewing skills never cease to amaze me! Glad you pulled it off this time.
Claire, that dress is so beautiful!!! I cant' believe how many crafts you're getting done! I am so impressed--my house is now officially cleaned and organized (I know it won't last until the baby comes, and I'll end up doing it again ), but I am totally inspired by you and can't wait to get my craft on :)
The dress is perfect! I love the length and the lace on the bottom. Great job and good luck with your last few months of being pregnant!
oh my gosh clayre! that is SOOOOO perfect. you are so talented.
You finished the dress in a day?! You are so much more awesome at sewing than I could ever be! It's beautiful.
Post a Comment