Where was I when my baby girl grew up? My little tiny baby girl is turning 5 this week. FIVE. I have a five year old. I swear I just graduated from HS. Oh wait that was 10 years ago. WOW! My sweet beautiful little girl started preschool last week. She did amazing. She was so brave. Anna is seriously the most incredible little girl I know. I seriously love hanging out with her. I love talking with her. She is mature and incredibly intelligent. She is thoughtful and full of spunk. I love being her mom. I love that she is my oldest child. I love everything about this little girl. Even the things that cause me to cry tears of frustration. Anna is an example of faith. She loves her saviour Jesus Christ and she has faith in him. I know this because I watch her demonstrate it on a daily basis.
Anna is funny and witty. She is quirky and shy. She loves to be around people and she loves to make people happy. She loves me. She accepts me and all of my imperfections. She helps me and lifts me up when I am down. She is only 5 and she is incredible.
*funny story* Ya know how when you are pregnant your brain takes a one way ticket to "who the heck knows where my brain went" and you start doing/ saying things that don't even make sense to yourself? Well Anna has called me out on a lot of things lately. Things that I have said. Sentences that I am unable to construct. Vocabulary that has suddenly slipped my brain. Well the other day we got home from Costco. I put the groceries away. The next day I was looking for the sandwich meat. I knew I bought it. I looked everywhere. I then found it in the freezer. Right next tho the sour cream that I had lost too. Anna and Adam were sitting at the table. I slammed myself for being an idiot. Adam explained to Anna that my brain has a hard time working when I am pregnant. So Anna says, "So the baby sucks the brain out of Mom and she gets smarter and Mom gets dumber?" That my child is EXACTLY what happens!


3 comments:
Sounds like you have such a great relationship with Anna. That's awesome. Makes you appreciate your mom, eh? Such a cutie!
Good luck with preschool Anna. I hope they lock the doors!
She is so cute and intelligent!! I love reading her stories. I can't even handle the thought of having a child start school!
Post a Comment