Sunday, August 17, 2014

Someone to Look Up To


When I was a little girl I looked up to the kids older than me. What they thought of me meant the world and I of course thought the world of them! As a mother I see the bigger picture. I see the negative influences that can impact your children even if you barricade them in the walls of your own home. I pray for my children to have good friends. I pray that they will be around good people who will lift them up and help them to understand better what they want for themselves. 

This cute picture is of my cousin's two sons, Drew and Sam. We spent a long weekend with them at a family reunion in May. Oh how Quin adored these two boys. He watched how they acted, the way the spoke to each other, and he paid close attention to their athletic skills! He spend the weekend hoping they would acknowledge him by doing anything he could think of that would be awesome in their eyes. As a young teenager- kids like Quin can be bothersome but the thing that touched my tender "mom-chord" was the way these boys made Quin feel like he was Awesome! They talked to him, encouraged him, and were excellent examples to him! I am so grateful for all of the Christ like examples my children are surrounded by. Nothing goes unnoticed. 

0 comments: