How do you know when your child is ready to wear panties at night? I would guess that Anna has gone a month or more without peeing in a pull-up but I am afraid that the first night I let her wear her panties, she is going to wet the bed. Is there any way to know?
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
From our experience, night time has been pretty easy. We've probably had four or five accidents in the last 8 months at night. If she has been staying dry at night I say go for it and have extra sheets ready just in case. As long as we make sure Sydney goes right before bed and doesn't have a million drinks the last couple of hours she is awake, we're fine. Good luck!
I agree with your friend, Claire. We started putting Cody in his regular underwear about a week after he was potty trained. It's been a couple of months and we have only had 1 or 2 accidents. He can make it through the night as long as he goes to the bathroom right before bed. I would let Anna have a go and see what happens. I don't think there is any other way to find out if she is ready.
Just make sure you have the waterproof mattress covers and then when accidents happen the mattress isn't ruined. All you'll need to do is laundry. It's worth the try!
Claire it sounds like she is ready. My doctor always told me if they can stay dry through the night in a daiper than it will be fine. And unlike all your other friends that have posted it hasn't been that easy at my house. I have a two year old that sleeps in under wear and has only had a one accident for 8 months and I have a five year old that still sleeps in daipers and wakes up soaking wet every night. Peeing the bed at night has nothing to do with bladder control. It is actually a medical defect. The childs hormones that are suppost to be sent to the brain to wake them up when the bladder gets full don't work yet. As a child gets older this will get better if it doesn't work. And if it doesn't kick in my the time they go to school they get a nose spray at night that gives them a kick start and it works. So there is my novel about that! And so it sounds like your daughter has matured that and is ready to go!!! I hope my five year old is shortly behind her...oh one more thing...peeing the bed is very genetic...chances are if you and your husband didn't have a problem with this your children won't either!
Go for it...and a tip: Just don't give em much to drink after dinner! She'll do awesome!
Go for It!
Post a Comment