Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blow off the Dust





I have always loved music. I tease that I had musical ADD when I was younger as I played several different instruments long enough to earn 1sT chair one time and then I moved on to the next. But one istrument stayed the same through all the years... the Piano. I love playing. When I sit down to the piano, my mind is able to unwind. I am able to think clearly and just take a minute for myself. For the past 6 years I have shelved my love of playing. As the dust collected my desire and love was always there. Recently my generous parents lent me their piano, now that I have a place to keep it. Music has filled the walls of my house once again. My children love to play. My husband (which I did not know) occasionally plays. And whenever I have free time, I play. I have decided to teach lessons. I have 5 students so far and I am thrilled. My desire is to teach a little mind to create for themself a desire and love for music. If I can accomplish that I will consider myself successful. Thank you Mom and Dad.

1 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Piano is definitely the best! That's sweet you're teaching. Good luck! Nine years later I STILL don't have a place for a piano- gotta get that basement finished!