In an earlier post I showed a picture of a little dress I made that looks absolutely beautiful on a hanger. There is no way in heck I can get my little Anna to wear it...too itchy! But I did not give up! Yesterday we were at the park and I saw this little girl with a darling little skirt on. "I'll bet her mother made that", I thought to myself. As I eves dropped on a near by conversation I realized that indeed she did make that darling skirt. I can do that...I encouraged myself. So when I got home I went through my old fabric scraps and found the fabric I used to make Anna's bumper pads once upon a long time ago. I made the little shirt to match by looking at a shirt that Anna wears, so I knew the pattern wouldn't bother her. So here it is. The final project. But the best part of all- she wears it!
Whenever I choose to do something ie. sew for hours at a time, it always comes with a price tag. I was aware of that when I started the project but boy they got me good. Quinn poured out the whole jug (costco size) of oil on my freshly moped floor. He dumped out my laundry. And when Anna said she was hungry I said, the pantry is open, go find something for yourself...this is what she came up with!
5 comments:
Cute,cute skirt and shirt! you are amazing that you just whipped that up!
Now you've taken it to a whole new level-- what an amazing little outfit!! And without a pattern? I'm downright jealous, and honestly impressed. Nice job. And that's just too bad about the mess in the meantime.... oh, the joys...
Well, look at you! I have to use patterns for my Etsy shop--and I've certainly never just 'sewn' a shirt! Well done!
well aren't you your mother's child. quite the domestic diva! me + sewing machine = disaster. Promise. you should've seen Jim's halloween costume...you on the other hand, most impressive!
un-be-lievable!!! I LOVE IT!!! So creative!
Post a Comment