Sunday, May 10, 2009

pre-SCHOOL

This year I have done a little home pre school for Anna. She has loved it, and frankly so have I. There are 5 moms and we rotate weeks. We went through the alphabet and various other topics. I have throughly enjoyed watching Anna learn. There are times when I just wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch as my baby grows up. This little preschool has allowed me to do just that. I am grateful for my time with her. It won't be long before I have to turn her over to hands I do not know. Luckily I still have another year!
This past week we talked about Blossoms. We sang the POPCORN song and made our own popcorn trees. We made caramel popcorn balls and did a science experiment to learn how plants 'drink' water. We took a cup of water and dyed it using food coloring, stuck a piece of celery in and watched as the veins of the stock turned blue. The kids loved it.
Grace & Elle
On Thursday we talked about fire saftey and we scheduled a tour at the local fire department. The kids were a little hesitant when the fireman came out in his uniform, mask and all. However I think they enjoyed. Anna told me the number for an emergency is 611, we will work on that. She did listen very intently though. When telling Adam what the Fireman taught her she said that, "if there is a fire in your house you are not supposed to hide in the closet, and if you get out and you forgot your baseball cards, you just leave it. You can get more."




2 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Nice job, teacher Claire. Co-op preschools are the best!

Mercedes said...

You have far more patience than I do! I'm not sure I could do my own preschool, so cheers to you who can!