A few weeks ago I had my ultrasound. I have had 3 ultra sounds in my life now and I vividly remember every single one of them. To me the ultrasound is one of the most special days of my life. I get to meet my child. I get to witness the incredible miracle of life in progress. I am validated that I am indeed pregnant and not just crazy in the head. Oh it is just miraculous. What a beautiful day.
Way back when, when I told Anna we were having a baby, she said to me, " Mom do we know if it's a boy or a girl?"
"No", I explained to her that the baby was only as big as her pinky finger. As her little brain processed the information, she looked at me and said, "Oh I get it, we have to wait till the baby gets enough hair and then we will be able to see if it is a boy or a girl!!!"
Exactly Anna. Girls come with out with pigtails and bows; boys come with buzzes and gel.
I explained to her that in a few months {from then} I get to go to the Doctor and they use a special magic wand to find out if the baby is a boy or girl. The day she came home from Bear Lake {I came home the day before} I had the ultra sound.
When she got home there was a huge wrapped box in the front room. I told her that inside of that box it would tell us if the baby was a boy or girl. Seriously it was better than Christmas. The excitement and joy on her face was priceless. It was pure torture for her to wait until Adam got home from work. Oh but it was worth the wait!!!
Quinn was a little distracted by the camera power cord. Obviously way more cool than a new a giant present.







A new sister.

We are SOOO excited to meet this new little girl that will join or family sometime around December 1st. Right now I am about 22 weeks {I think! time is flying by with this one!} I am feeling great! It took a lot longer this time around to graduate from the vomiting stage. My children are so programed to "bless mommy that she feels better" in their prayers, I am trying to redirect their blessings! I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that in some way he trusts me with yet another one of his precious little children. We are so blessed!!!

14 comments:
Congratulations!! That is very exciting. What a great way to involve the kids too! I had never heard of that! That is so cute the kids are so excited.
Yay for another girl cousin...just 6 months younger than our baby
Lila! What a fun way to tell the kids Claire!
Congrats cute Mommy!
Hooray for little girls!!
Congrats! We love little girls around here!
Yeah! She is going to be so cute!
girls!!! Hooray for you and more cute crafty girl things... I am exited to meet her, and we do pray that mommy feels better soon.
Oh, you lucky thing! Congrats!!
oh my oh my oh my!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!! i am soo happy for you guys ;)
Congrats Claire! What a fun idea to tell your kids!!! Let's get together again before summer is over!
Congrats!! LOVE the balloon idea- can't wait to copy it one day!
Congrats on the pigtails!! How exciting. I'm glad you are feeling better also. What a beautiful family!
Congrats Claire!! Can't wait for another little girl in the family!
i enjoyed catchin up on your blog this evening. It kept me entertained for quite awhile. You are so talented, well-written, and your kids are darling. I am glad I am now subscribed to your blog so I can get your updates.
Post a Comment