Friday, June 24, 2011

bio-chemical & allergies

This week has been a doosey for my sweet little children. Every day this week has been filled with sterile dr rooms and strange men in white jackets.
On Wednesday the kids and I went to the Dentist:

Good: No Cavities

Bad: Anna caught some nasty flu virus that knocked her out all of Thursday and night

Poor little Anna has learned some pretty grown-up lessons that most kids don't have to learn. Last night while she was fighting a decent fever trembling, she start to cry and said, "Please- Jesus take this away from me!" She has watched me cry and utter the same words. After she fell asleep I stayed up and prayed. "Please bless her for her faith in thee. Answer her prayer." A couple of hours later she woke up. The fever was gone. Her perky little personality and inquisitive nature returned. She immediately recognized the hand of her father in heaven and offered a prayer of thanks. What an awesome learning experience for my sweet little girl.

Out of curiosity, yesterday I took Quinn to an allergist. WOW! What an eye opener. To my knowledge I have never seen him have an allergic reaction, or at least one that I could pinpoint as an allergy. Just to name a few of things he showed resistance to: Eggs, Vits A, B, and C, salt, corn, grains, gluten, milk, animal fats, food colorings, artificial sweeteners, food additives, and sugar metabolism. That was extremely enlightening. All I cans say is good thing we didn't pursue the diet. We are going to work with this Dr. to help fix the allergies. I don't think these allergies are necessarily the catalyst for the seizures but maybe it could help.

The next good piece of information we received was from another Dr. we have pursued who deals with the bio-chemical make up of the child's body. He has treated several patients with Epilepsy {as severe as Quinn} and he has seen great improvement with all of his patients. He emailed me this week and said that he found 2 major biochemical abnormalities that he believes could be causing the seizures. It will take some time but we are hopeful.

Adam and I are hoping we have found a good team of Drs who are willing to work together to treat all aspects of this illness. We meet with the bio-chemical Dr again on Monday...
Hopefully we will be more hopeful by then!

1 comments:

Amanda and Chase England said...

Hooray for the good news about the bio-chemicals! It is always exciting when some pieces of a very complicated puzzle possibly fit together. I hope that this improves things for your family dramatically.