We had the most wonderful 2 days. We were normal. We did normal things.
We boated with Captain Quinn.

We played with the BEST dad any kid could hope for.
We gave lots of hugs and kisses and said I love you like a million times.
We took pictures of each other.
We practiced sitting up.
We overcame our fears.
We roasted marshmallows with our cousins.
We watched the fire.
...and the best part was not one seizure kept us from doing all of it!!
Unfortunately the seizures came back today (sunday). They aren't as bad as they were last week but he did have a grand mal today (the big scary kind) and one drop seizure. We are pretty bummed. I was trying to keep myself from hoping to have found the cure. There is still hope. We are meeting with one of Quinn's DRs tomorrow. I think he will go in to depth regarding Quinn's "bio-chemical abnormality". I usually feel better after a Dr visit so that will be good timing!
I have learned countless lessons over the past months. I know that I am not the same person I was before this trial began. One of the most important lessons I have had to learn is to enjoy TODAY! When it is good- be happy. Don't worry about tomorrow. Be happy today. Right now this very minute. Ironic that as I type this my stomach aches with anxiety wondering if Quinn will have another Grand Mal Seizure tonight. It is so easy to say yet so so hard to do. I think I will probably be working on this lesson for the rest of my life. I admire people who truly can just live today- not tomorrow-today. I know I am better than I used to be but I still have a long way to go! So I am going to bed- with a smile because right now everyone is OK and asleep...and that is reason to be happy.
2 comments:
Sounds like you're making headway! So happy to hear you had a couple normal days. You certainly deserve it! Love your cheery pics. You're as beautiful as ever :)
Look at that smile driving the boat! What a cute little guy. I'm so glad to hear you've had some good days. Love you-
Post a Comment