Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Good Day and graduation

Today was a good day. For the most part it was normal. I can't tell you how good normal feels. Quinn still had a lot of seizures but his personality was what it should be for a little 3 year old boy. I fed my children and counted my blessings every time I handed them something to eat; it was amazing. Quinn had a bowl of oatmeal this morning and ate the whole bowl! He was happy.

Poor little Charlotte has been neglected. She is almost a month past due on her 6 mo. well check. I have had to cancel her appt for one reason or another 3 different times. So today when I sensed that we were good...I called Charlotte's doctor and asked if there was anyway we could just come in right then. They said yes so we ran over to get her immunizations. She checked out just fine. She is in the 42% for her weight and that is all I remember...bad mom I know!

I was able to spend the rest of the afternoon with a good friend while our boys played in the sandbox. We had dinner together as a family {which we haven't done in a long long time}, went on a walk to the park, and fell asleep to stories. It was wonderful.

So because I haven't posted about anything "normal" in a long time- here are some pictures of Anna's preschool graduation. She was so brave. She sang every single song; loud enough that I could hear her! I was so proud of her. She was lucky enough to have both of her Grandmas and her uncle Josh there to support her.
We love you Anna and we are so proud of you!
Mrs. Holly
Anna's little group of girl friends during class


not sure what is up with the smile...
grandma janet
grandma jennifer
a sad attempt to get a family picture
Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Holly

A few days before preschool ended Anna and I were talking about what we could give to her teachers to say thank you. We decided to make some stationary (do people even use that word anymore?). Anna designed 4 different cards and then we had them copied onto some cards. We included some envelopes and tied them with a cute ribbon. They turned out darling but of course I didn't take a picture. The funniest part was the letters Anna "wrote" to her teachers. She told me what to write:

"you are a very good teacher because you are very special and nice. thanks for helping me on crafts. If i didn't have you, who would help me on crafts at green table. you are very pretty and you have very pretty clothes. You are a teacher who has lots and lots and lots and lots of love. You are a good teacher because you are lovely and you are modest. Don't miss me at kindergarten but you can if you want. I will miss you definitely.. I love you, you love me our hearts beat true.
love, anna brown"

priceless!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Claire. I have been reading your earlier posts - just so intrigued and moved by your plight and by your gift to write and share your story. I'm sorry you're struggling but appreciate your honesty and candor.
As I was reading about epilepsy I recalled seeing a woman on t.v. who had a dog that sensed her seizures and would direct her to sit down. Ironically I'd noticed you'd said you'd never have a dog. Its too early to jump to this, but I'm just mentioning to you that this wonderful gift is out there, should you need it. Love you. Aunt Laurie

Madsen Family said...

You can always borrow Bear. :)

Amanda and Chase England said...

Your family is just adorable! Your three kids are almost too cute to be true. Congratulations on the graduation!

Jer + Lu said...

So happy you got a normal day!! + glad to hear you're making headway with Quinn. As my mom would say, "fresh courage take." xoxo