Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quinn turns 4!

On "Octover 7" (that is how quinn says it) Quinn turned 4. I guess I need to accept the fact that I am going to be in denial for the rest of my life as I watch my children grow up right before my eyes.

Anna made this for Quinn. It is him and her sculpted out of play-doh.
Quinn woke up very excited!
For some reason the chair has become the tradition for the Bday presents so they wake up in the morning and head to the chair.





We haven't done a friend birthday party yet for Quinn...for a few different reasons but we have made it a family thing which has been so much fun. Quinn's birthday was conveniently on a friday so when Anna came home from school we surprised the kids and told them we were going to Park City for the night! We were all dying for a "vacation". Park City was perfect...close but far enough away to feel "away". Quinn was so excited. For some reason it took some convincing for Anna. I think we learned that Anna does better with a head's up. She likes to know the "plan"...I think I know where she gets that...Adam....
The night consisted of Cafe Rio take out (pretty much for me), swimming, all sorts of games, singing and of course cake.
The kids went to bed way too late but they had the most wonderful time.
I admire those women who are into cake decorating...I am not. It isn't my thing but I am totally ok with that. This "lego" cake is probably as creative as it is going to get from me. It tasted really good though!


thank you family for making the night so special!
The best present (because every mom should gift themselves a present on their child's birthday) was when my mom had ALL of my kids sleep at their house the following night and Adam and I had a night in park city to ourselves. The first time in a long long time. It was wonderful. Dinner, shopping, movies, hot tubbing and lots and lots of uninterrupted talking and sleeping. No pictures. We were too busy!

1 comments:

Emily M. said...

a trick i use for frosting cakes: freeze the cake, then frost. :) your family is so, so cute!