Early September Anna and I were invited to Mary Poppins on Broadway.
What a treat!!
Anna was in awe the whole play. She loved all of the special effects. She and I spent the duration of the drive home discussing "how they did that". We loved the music so much we purchased it on itunes when we got home. I am proud to say we can all spell and sing supercalifragiliticexpialidious!

*a funny story that I need to have documented:
While driving to the theatre I realized we had 20 minutes until the curtain opened. We had much more than 20 minutes of driving. I said to Anna, "Say a prayer." "Why?" she questioned. "So we can get to the play on time." "Fine," she says, "Dear Heavenly Father, we will pay you cash when we get to heaven if you will help us be on time to Mary Poppins."
After I picked my jaw up off the floor I thanked her for her prayer and suddenly saw a police officer in front of us who was driving rather fast. We jumped in behind him and received an uninvited escort to the Capital Theatre. We pulled into the parking lot and found that the very first spot was available. We ran into the theatre, found our seats, said hello to our family, and then the lights dimmed and the curtains opened. I think our prayer was answered. I guess we had better start saving our cash!!
2 comments:
I love that story! I guess we all need the faith of children, don't we?
anna's prayer seriously had me laughing out loud. so i read it to my husband and then he laughed out loud. and i was laughing so loud i cried. thanks. i needed that today. ryan and i are now saving our cash as well...had no idea that's how you got it done!
Post a Comment