Don't tell my other kids but I am in love with Anna's Birthday. I'm sure I will love the other birthdays too but this age...is SO fun!!
A couple of months before Anna's Bday we were talking one night as I was tucking her into bed. I asked her what kind of party she would like to have. We brainstormed some ideas but all the ideas I threw out there she wasn't thrilled about. And then it came to her..."Mom let's have a Tooth Fairy Party!!" OK! The ideas came pouring in and I ran with them. It was SO much fun to plan. I will do this party for Charlotte. The girls had a blast. I have never seen so much excitement. It was so fun. If you are looking for a fun party for giddy little girls...this is the one for you!!
So the invitation:
I did have several girls asking me if we were going to find THE. REAL. Tooth fairy... I don't know if I'll change the wording of the invite next time. It did cause a little bit of drama.
Letters from the Tooth Fairy
Birthday Banner made on the cricut
So the girls showed up exactly 6 minutes after the bell rang for school to be out. I couldn't believe how fast they ran home! I brought them all in and had them sit on little rugs on the floor (just to try to control the chaos). I started out reading them a little story. In the middle of reading the story the doorbell rang!! I hyped it up. They all ran to the door to find a lonely tray filled with 12 little silver packages tied with pink ribbon and a note signed by the tooth fairy. I brought the tray in and read the letter:
"You will need some energy
to help you on your quest.
Eat this food and you will find
a chance to pass the test!"
love, The Tooth Fairy
I thought they would need a little after-school snack so I prepared tiny circle sandwiches (PB&J), flower shaped cheddar cheese, tiny grapes, and a few crackers.
I forgot to take a picture of the final tray but as I was trying to figure out what to wrap their little snacks in I looked to see my kids had torn open a 72 hour kit blanket... you know those silver shiny ones...perfect. They are huge and they are double lined...so cheap and so pretty!

As soon as they were pretty much done with their snack the doorbell rang again. They squealed and all ran up stairs to find this on the door step:
The letter read:
"Magic Fairy Dust will
sparkle in the air
To start your adventure
and help you prepare"
much love,
The Tooth Fairy
there were instructions on the bottom of the letter:
"magic fairy dust can only be given to you by a friend.
First stand in 2 lines.
The leader sprinkles magic fairy dust in her friend's hair.
The friend then spins around in one circle and blows a kiss.
Then she does it to the next friend"
The fairy dust was just some gold glitter I had on hand I didn't use much at all. Some of the girls were wondering why they weren't flying...that was tricky to explain!
When they had just finished the glitter the door bell rang again. This time there were two vases filled with different colored wands with a note:
"Every child needs a wand
to make a wish come true
do a twirl and you will find
a special wand for you."
love, TTF

The wands were so so simple to make. I bought a bunch of different tulle fabric and coordinating ribbon. I cut the fabric into rectangles and tied a ribbon around the middle. Fluffed the fabric and glued it onto a wooden dowel (wrapped in ribbon) and you have yourself a magic wand. The girls were in love!

One fun trick I learned: I took regular ribbon, wrapped it around the dowel and pinned it down at both edges (with a clothes pin) I set my oven for the lowest setting and "baked them for about 15 minutes. When they are done you take the ribbon off the stick and the ribbon is perfectly/permanently curled. So fun!


After the girls got their wands we played a game of fairy freeze tag. One wand "froze" and one wand "freed". The girls had fun with this but I could tell they were anxious to hear doorbell.
When the doorbell finally rang, they were greeted with a little tray filled with little felt purses. They were all different colors and they all had a unique button to match.
the note read:
"You are on a treasure hunt
a special purse to fill
open up your eyes to look
the money you find is real"
I knew that I wanted to have a treasure hunt but I was having a hard time trying to come up with ideas of how to not loose all of the money in the grass only to be found by the lawn mower...then the thought came...Balloons!
Each girl was allotted 4 quarters. Each quarter was in a balloon. The balloons were covering the floor of my garage. Easy to find. Easy to pop. The girls had a BLAST popping all of the balloons and then filling their little purses with the money.
blue for Quinn and Josh
The doorbell rang for the last time.
The tray was filled with a pyramid of tiny little pink boxes.
the note read:
"You darling Girls-
I had to run
someone needs me fast-
But I've left a little present
a special box to last.
You can use it for your treasures
or for a "just pulled tooth"
Just know that you are wonderful
and that's a magic truth!"
love, The Tooth Fairy
Cop-out I know but I was not about to dress up so it worked and for the most part the girls were ok with it!
I found these little boxes at JoAnn's for $1! I spray painted them pink and then sewed a little silk pillow to fit inside. I have learned from years past that with crafts and kids...the more organized, the more simple...the better.

so each little box came with a little bag of stickers. the girls just peeled off and decorated the box however they pleased. Simple, no mess and they loved it.
we finished the party with some fruit pizza (anna's request) some songs and a lot of presents.
Huge Success!!
1 comments:
That is the cutest birthday party EVER! I am going to need to borrow a niece for this one! Have any good ideas for an 11 year-old girl's party? :)
Post a Comment