So on the first day of school Quin came home grinning from ear to ear. School was great. His teacher was awesome. He loved eating lunch at school. He was so excited to see and play with his friends at recess! Life was good.
On the second day of school Quin came home crying. "I'm never going back! This was the worst day of my life!" After asking 20 questions I learned that at recess he was playing on the monkey bars and decided that skipping 2 bars was for babies and skipping 3 bars-- well that is just awesome. But alas Quin's small wing span is not suitable for the 3 bar skip trick. So he fell and his arm caught him.
When he came home he was crying but he wasn't dying...so {in my most sympathetic but really just-stop-being-so-dramatic voice} I told him he was fine. We put some ice on it and he was ok. Over the next couple of weeks he would randomly complain but never long enough for me to think it was broken. I figured he bruised or sprained it. Finally he was playing volley ball in the backyard and hit the ball in the same tender spot and he just cried. It wasn't until then I decided we needed to get it checked.
So the next day we went in for an X-ray and the dr determined what I figured- no break just bruised. So we went home; one of us relieved and one of us bummed he didn't have a cast to show off to his friends.
The next day I received a phone call from the nurse- "the radiologist looked at the X-rays and he has indeed fractured his arm and we would like him to be casted immediately." Ugh.
So I went to the school- checked him out and learned for the first time how a cast is applied.
He thought it was awesome until about 30 minutes later when he tried to eat his in-n-out burger. Then he was just plain mad... Until he got to show his friends 30 minutes after that. And then around dinner time that night he decided he was done and ready to have it off. That was a rough convo.
{Luckily}I had waited so long to have him casted he only had to wear the cast for 2 weeks. We would've died if he had to do the full 6 weeks- so help me!! But after 2 weeks he was back at it playing and even making up for lost time...
At the hogle zoo on a field trip the day after his cast came off.
And so begins the adventurous life of a boy...
0 comments:
Post a Comment