Monday, November 10, 2014

The Golden Day



On October 7th Quin turned 7. Which as rule declares we celebrated Quin's Golden Birthday! We started the morning out with pancakes and special homemade buttermilk syrup. For his lunch he requested Zupas. He wanted the oyster crackers and the chocolate covered strawberries and of course the Wisconsin cheddar soup. So after a yummy lunch we headed to target where Quin was FINALLY able to pick out his mountain bike. There was a lot of debacle about whether to get a "peg bike" or a "gear bike". Both choices had great pros but we all agreed the mountain bike would make him the happiest longest!
Riding out of target! Quin was anxious to get back to school because he didn't want to miss music class so we hurried back and he ran off to finish his day. When he came home he played on his bike and then we went to the Smoking Apple for dinner. Quin's favorite is the macaroni and cheese, pulled pork, and the French fries.  Adam had young men's that night so the kids and I went on a bike ride and then went over to the ward where they were doing the combined youth activity. They were playing soccer while inside life-size bubbles which was hillarious to see kids being bounced all over the field. I actually go to try it which was fun but way more work than I had anticipated!
 
I encourage Quin to have the same minute to win it birthday party as Anna did. He obliged. But the guest list kept getting longer and longer. It wasn't until 30 minutes into the party that I realized I am a complete lunatic. The boys had the patience for about 3 games and they they were on the trampoline tackling each other and running around like crazy. So I scraped the plan and took them to the big section of the yard and made them run! We played lovers leap and what time is it mr. Fox and wheelbarrow races. We finished the games that I had planned but nixed the pizzas- what was I thinking?? Finished up with icecream and presents and determined that next year we will have a break from parties. Quin however, has an awesome time! He and 14 of his little buddies were able to wrestle and run to their hearts content. 

Happy Golden not-so-little Quin!

0 comments: