So for months {and months} my dad and I anticipated running this race together. I was totally prepared for it until a few weeks before the race when Talmage. Got sick.
I was out for a long run after a sleepless night with a sick baby when I got a call from Adam. We needed to take him to the ER. Adam came and picked me up and we headed over to the hospital. I was SO nervous they were going to admit him but luckily he responded well to the steroids and we were able to take him home a few hours later. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and was given an asthma inhaler- which I was so grateful for. So I spent the next week nursing my little one back to health. With only a few weeks before the race I started coughing and coughing and coughing. Uncontrollably. When I was in the drs office getting Quin's arm casted( we seriously couldn't catch a break) I asked the dr if it was normal for a cough to last this long. He listened to my lungs and diagnosed me with walking pneumonia. Ugh. The race was on Saturday. I was devastated. By Saturday I felt just ok but not fantastic so I met my dad at mile 9 and ran the last 4 miles with him. Oh how fun races are!! The excitement and adrenaline... So much addicting! We ran together and I just talked to him. When we got to the last mile we picked up our speed and started sprinting together. I couldn't believe how fast his time was for his first half. I was so proud of him!! And of course the competitive side of me knew that I could have PR'd which made me even more disappointed! I will run it next year!! And I will get my best time!! And hopefully I can do it with my dad.
0 comments:
Post a Comment