Anna had been asking for a full year if she could get her ears pierced. After many months of debating if she was responsible enough to take care of them by herself we decided her birthday would be the day.
I checked her out of school and we went to the mall. She was so nervous! Her little hands sweating and conversation was lite. "How are you feeling?" I asked when we got in the car. "Like I'm going to barf!!" Was her response. We decided it was smartest to get her ears done first and lunch second. Which is what we did.
The anticipation was grueling!!!
She took it like a champ and was so excited but too embarrassed to look in the mirror! We picked out some cute earrings and headed off to chick-fil-a for lunch. 

For her birth-day we celebrated as a family. I am going to just go ahead and admit right now that I totally sucked at taking pictures this year. Like bad. I have no proof that we went to Nicoitalia Pizza for dinner as a family and then we spent the evening conquering our fear of heights on a ropes course at the Provo Beach resort. And I don't have the picture to show that Anna received her first mountain bike!! She loves it! So of course we went on a bike ride to the lake. The only hiccup to the perfect day was when Quin realized Anna got the bike. "How could you do this to me??" He screamed! Uhh Quin your birthday is in like 3 weeks- you can have a bike too if you want one. "But mom you should've known I would've been so jealous and you should've given one to me too!" Birthdays are so hard for the ones left behind. Such a hard life.
That weekend we has a celebration for Anna with all of her friends. (So this one picture I took is after the party was over and half of the girls had gone home...I know!) But they did have a fabulous time!! I divided the girls into 2 teams and we had a minute to win it compition. They laughed and screamed, jumped and giggled. A few complained about inequality but all ended right. We made home made pizzas and per request had icecream sundaes for "cake". It was a perfect party and I was glad it was over.
I dare say Anna successfully turned 9!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment