Monday, November 10, 2014

First Day of School

We has such a fun summer but after 10 weeks of non-stop living with each other we were all ready for some breathing room...

I've always been a little bit more worried about Quin...will he be ok? Will he pay attention? Will he listen to the teacher? Will he stay on task? Can he handle 6 hours? I have seen a pattern though- although he is very different from his older sister Quin continually surprises me- in a really good way. He just handles things- and usually with minimal drama or worry. Oh wait he is a boy. But really I have been so So proud of him. 

Going off medication was a little bit scary but also proved to be awesome. He has great focus and determination that was sometimes suppressed by the meds. He is smart and a great reader! He is a perfectionist (who would've thought) and very obedient oh and quiet!! When I had the SEP meeting I asked- "are you sure??"  Awesome!! I am so proud of this little boy and all he has gone through and all that he has become! Here is to a grade 1st grade year!


Miss Anna is now in third grade. I have been so lucky to have her. She is completely self motivated. She studies for her tests and she always aces them. She is helpful so helpful in fact that I found out that she is incharge of helping a group of 8 peers- making sure they understand their math. She is an amazing little reader- well ahead of her grade. I'm still wondering if she reads faster than I do... 
I am so proud of Anna and I know she will have a great 3rd grade year!!

Oh and we can't forget little Charlotte who has waited for years to have her turn at kissing me goodbye and jumping out of the car with her little backpack over her shoulder. I love this little one. I really wish I could keep her home- she is such a joy to have around. 

And tally- well he still has a few years so he is only eligible for half of his head to be photoed...poor little guy, just never quite big enough. 

We've has this tradition since Anna started kindergarten to have fruit pizzas for after school snack on the first day of school. They love them and it is a great time to hear all the details of the first day! 

It is going to be a great year!!

0 comments: