Thursday, November 25, 2010

Anna's Felt House


This next project was one that I saw online. I fell in love immediately. The problem was she was asking $200 per house. I wanted two of them. Not gonna fly. "I can make that for a fraction of the cost!" I thought. I did make it...for a fraction of the cost However... if I were to sell this playhouse and I charged by the hour it would have to be well over $1000. So my point: $200 is nothing to pay for this little play house. Although it was fun to create and design my own, I won't be doing this again for a long, long, long time!!

This is the frame. It is made out of PVC pipe. My handy dad made these for me. They cost about $7 for parts. We made two of them. In her etsy shop, she creates her houses for a basic card table. Smart. I wanted my houses a little bit taller so they could stand up in them...at least for a little while. I forgot that I would also need to purchase a larger house to go along with these little play houses!
He super glued a lot of the joints together so we don't have to assemble it every time we put it up. How thoughtful! The dimensions are 45 x45x45 inches.

The Front Door:
(it has been folded up for about 3 months now. I will do a little bit of ironing on Christmas Eve)
Side 1:
The garden
All of the veggies are magnetic. The veggies at the bottom tuck in and out of the "dirt".
Side 2:
These flowers attach by button. The watering can at the bottom is open at the top for additional treasures!


Side 3:
The Sweet Shop.
All of the sweets are attached by velcro. The shakes on the table are magnetic.


And that is Anna's house!

1 comments:

katie said...

um. can i pay you? to make me one of these for kindra? a barn. a horse stable? seriously. i wonder if i could pull this off?
uh.
no.
;)