All of my old burp rags are gross and stained so I figured it was time for some new ones.
So simple to make. Just a basic rectangle with a little half circle cut out for your neck.
These are all lined with a padding as well as backed with a terry cloth fabric.
My kids are droolers. Like major droolers. Like I think some where along the line they missed the gene that allows them to learn to swallow for at least the first year of their life. They get it eventually but just not for a while. When Anna was little I would strap on as many bibs as her chubby neck would allow. With Quinn I obviously didn't try quite as hard. However with this baby I have done a little homework!
I am so interested to see how this bib is going to work. It is lined with a special fabric found in the huge domestic fabrics. It is the stuff they use to make the linings you put on your kids' bed (for when the wet the bed). I told the ladies at JoAnn's my dilemma with my "special" drooling problems. This was the fabric they recommended. Apparently extremely absorbent.
I went to JoAnn's and picked out all of my favorite fabrics. (so fun) The fabric was all on sale this particular weekend and I got 1/4 yd of each. Out of that 1/4 yd I was able to make 2 bibs and a burp rag. I think it ended up costing like $.20 a piece. Not bad!!
I just made one clip to to match each set of bibs. All of the clips can work interchangeably.

Let's cross our fingers this little one stays dry!!
4 comments:
YOU ARE AMAZING!! i can't believe you have busted out all of this stuff!! the felt houses are incredible. like I really can't believe a person can actually make those. That is so not in my abilities!! I do want you to give me some tips about making quiet books. I have been wanting to make those. Also, my kids are droolers too. My dad says they have "no dam teeth"... as in no teeth to "dam" up the drool! Good luck with everything!! miss you and can't wait to see you soon!
Can I call you Martha from now on?
How do you have the time for all this stuff? I would pay big bucks to have that! These are so adorable!
um...um...what happened to me? why did i not get some of this martha-ness from ann or the sainsbury's or from someone. can you come over and teach me a class...on motivation in homemaking???????
love it!!! but i am jealous!!!
HI Claire! I haven't checked blogs in so long and I always LOVE reading yours! I am so amazed at your creativity and talent! I love love seeing all your projects and am so glad you post your details on your blog!! The felt houses are the most fun things I have ever seen. THat looks like so much work and you did such a super good job!! Your kids will LOVE them I'm sure! Good luck with your new baby coming. Very exciting!
Post a Comment